The vice president of risk management is the principal person responsible for the claims and underwriting operations within the Division. The VP of risk management will serve as the primary resource for the establishment of standards and policy for the evaluation of risk during both the underwriting and the claims process in the Division.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Manage a team of data scientists to build models for evaluating loan lifecycles, including underwriting, fraud detection, fraud and credit risk modeling, line management, and collections.
- Evaluate and control financial risk by using strategies to limit or offset the probability of a financial loss or exposure to financial uncertainty.
- Develop core analytical capabilities or model libraries, using advanced statistical, quantitative, or econometric techniques.
- Research or develop analytical tools to address issues such as portfolio construction or optimization, performance measurement, attribution, profit and loss measurement, or pricing models.
- Apply mathematical or statistical techniques to address practical issues in finance.A
- Analyze and interpret data using statistical analysis and identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Utilize decision tree analytical software s to build machine learning models to segment high and low risk populations.
- Utilize advance level statistical analysis using software like SAS and relational database software like SQL for statistical modeling and analysi
- Masters or PhD in a field like finance, mathematics, or statistics.
- Three years of experience in risk modeling.