This document outlines the roles and responsibilities for the Inventory Procurement Manger. The objectives listed here add great value to the company, and offer the individual a broad range of projects and exposure.
This position plays a strategic role in building a model centered on efficiency and scale for future company growth.
- Manage execution of regional procurement lists
- Oversee online purchases
- Maintain acceptable purchase prices in relation to book values (MMR, NADA)
- Non-Retail inventory lot codes
- Ensure timely execution of arbitrations
- Oversee transportation spending
- Coordinate with auctions and procurement channels to minimize time to get product to point of sale.
- Training and oversight for online buy team
- Strong and Professional Communication
- Work from company office
- Consistent Engagement with other team members
- 4+ Years as a used car buyer
- Understanding of best practices as related to auto procurement
- Expert knowledge in online buying through auctions
- Ability to develop and document scalable processes
- Ensure inventory has adequate mix of color / trims / packages / etc
- Adequately plan so company procurement goals are met.
- Evaluate spend on transportation
- Build and develop online purchasing presence in GDL office
- Evaluate process to improve spend & losses on trade in units
- Scalability of processes