The experienced prep painter will be responsible to prepare vehicles for the painting process.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Wash vehicles to remove dirt, oil, grease and debris from painted surfaces
- Smooth unmasked surfaces with sandpaper removing gloss from previous coats of paint. Sand rough spots.
- Apply paper and masking tape to protect unpainted surfaces, such as bumpers, windows, chrome trim, and other parts while surrounding areas are spray-painted.
- Sand repaired body surface using hand and power tools, spot fill and prime
- After vehicle is painted, remove masking tape, and clean vehicle. Move vehicle to designated area for buffing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Body Shop and/or vehicle prepping experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work Saturdays, late shift and overtime
- Ethical and Honest